Sunday, January 15, 2012

Embrace the Suck

As the great Tim Riggins once said "Embrace the Suck." The most amazing things in life are accomplished by those who do things that are unpleasant if not downright painful. I just watched the Houston Marathon outside my office. It is always amazing and inspiring to see people to pushing through pain to accomplish a goal. The looks of pain on their faces, are a reminder to me what can be accomplished if we stay determined. One young lady was limping along visible pain while a friend ran next to her. The friend was in street clothes soaked with sweat. Clearly he had not signed up for the race, but at some point saw his friend needed someone to run with her. It was pretty awesome. Sometimes I need to watch things like the Marathon to raise my hopes in humanity when I find out that Two and a Half Men is the highest rated comedy on television.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger ajehz and m said...

this post is rather inspiring. appreciate your insights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home