Friday, November 10, 2006

I am surprised at how hard I have taken the loss of the House and Senate by the Republicans. Prior to the election my affinity and loyalty to the Republican party was at an all-time low. I felt like they were a corrupt, free spending bunch with limited connection to reality. In fact, I did not vote for Orrin Hatch for this reason. ( Although I wonder how free I would have been with my vote if I thought Ashdown might have won.) In spite of all this when I sees future speaker Pelosi and Senate President Reid and hear of their proposed policies I feel awful. It may be that like the Yankees, Lakers, and Cowboys my hate is stronger than my support for any team. I typically would rather see the Yankees lose than my own team the Cubs win. This is twisted, but true. I guess I don't really like the Republicans. I am just appalled by the Democrats, who in my mind, have all the failings of the GOP with none of the upside.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Emilee said...

One of my med school pals that is so conservative I look like a liberal tree hugging dope fiend in comparison voiced a similar oppinion. I know that's why I didn't vote for DeWine (he lost hard). Maybe the Repubs will get their act together for the 08 elections so I can feel good about voting their way. Or maybe the Demos will be able to do something constructive besides whine about how G.W. is somehow tied to every ill the world is currently suffering.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Emilee said...

(That previous comment was really John.)

As I said before, I think that I decided I had to vote for DeWine. I despise him, but I had to imagine that he would represent me better than Brown. I don't (but I do) understand why the state caucuses don't kick incumbents out of the running more often. It would have been nice to have a different Republican to vote for--one without all the baggage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home